Tuesday, June 28, 2011

# dessert # ice cream

Pudding Pops!

I crave chocolate, in almost any form, almost everyday. Today is supposed to be a nice warm summer day so I decided we were going to make Pudding Pops! (Are you thinking about Bill Cosby saying "Puddin' Pops" right now? I am!)

These were super easy to make. Three ingredients to yum! This recipe comes from Our Best Bites as you know is one of my favorite recipe blogs and cookbooks. Check out their website for really great pictures. (I'm no photographer.) Their recipe calls for peppermint extract if you want to make them minty. I decided to keep it out.

1- 3/4 c. Half & Half
1 small pkg. sugar-free instant chocolate Jell-O pudding mix
10 Oreo cookies, crushed

Blend Half & Half and pudding mix in blender until smooth. Add crushed Oreos by hand.

Spoon into popsicle molds (or ice cube trays with toothpicks) and freeze!

When they are finished freezing, dip the mold in a little warm water until pops slide out of mold. If you are using an ice cube tray, it's easier to just run a butter knife along the edges and it will pop right out.


Final product. Take my word for it when I say they were so yummers. (I believe that's the technical term to describe these.) The cookie pieces were so fun in it. I give these pudding pops two thumbs up!


MJ's pudding pop using the ice cube tray. These are like the "fun size" version.

1 comment:

  1. lovely!!!
    I will try to prepare very soon!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us