Friday, October 14, 2011

# dating at home # Halloween

Dating at Home: Halloween Comedy

Halloween is approaching faster than I think it is. All my crafts and plans to make my home look super cute aren't looking like they're going to make it this year. (I should just start planning for Easter at this point.) But, I'm not letting the month go by without doing something festive. Tonight we're watching one of my favorite old comedies, Arsenic and Old Lace. This is my VHS. Yes, I still have a VCR too... I hope it works.


If you haven't seen this movie, rent it! It is also available on Netflix on DVD and streaming. Here's what it's about:

Two gentle and loving sisters poison lonely old men without any family as a charity act. They give them a proper ceremony and bury them in the cellar of their home. Mortimer Brewster, their nephew, discovers their terrible habit when he stumbles across a dead body in the window seat. Mortimer tries to keep his sanity as he sorts out his relationships with his aunt, his new wife, his brother Teddy (who believes he's reallyTeddy Roosevelt), and his long lost brother who stumbles into the house with a dead body of his own.

Oh! And the best part? Mortimer Brewster is played by Cary Grant. Who doesn't love Cary Grant?

What are your favorite "old" movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us