Thursday, March 22, 2012

# gardening # preschool

Eggheads!


Spring is basically here for most of the U.S. We are enjoying our high 70s - low 80s here. I love the spring! It makes me happy for life! I get giddy seeing the little buds on the trees and their progression. I love the sun and love how it brings people outdoors. There is energy again!

This year I finally decided to make "eggheads" with my daughter. We got a bag of grass seed and soil, and then carefully cracked our eggs when we cooked, and saved the shells.

We filled the eggs about 3/4 full with soil, added some quick-sprouting grass seeds, and topped it off with more soil. Then we watered them.


In about 3 days it was sprouting.


In 7 days, it looked like this. Not joking.


Today we took our eggheads to the salon (aka kitchen table) and got their hair cut.



My 3-year old was in heaven!!! Scissors!!! Cutting "hair"!!!






They turned out lovely.

We'll keep watering them and she'll be able to cut them again next week!


We're doing another experiment- growing grass seed on a sponge.
It seems to be working so far.


Side view


1 comment:

  1. Cute ideas! Just beware, if you have roaches in your region, the grass seems to attract them, especially on the sponge. =) Love the faces on the egg shells!

    ReplyDelete

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us