Sunday, February 17, 2013

# church # General Conference

General Conference Activity Bags: Part 1

The spring session of General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be held April 6-7 2013. We are already excited and looking forward to hearing from our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and other leaders of the Church.

In preparation for this year's General Conference I've been putting together some activity bags for my daughters. They are pretty young still but they can do activities and listen while we try to listen too. My inspiration is not original. I saw the idea of activity bags on Sugardoodle and just tweaked some of the activities to meet the needs/ages of my daughters.

Here's what I have gathered and prepared so far:

Who's the Speaker?
At the beginning of each talk, my daughters pick the picture of the speaker and place him at the pulpit. As they listen, they pick from a bunch of pictures that represent the theme of the talk and place them near the speaker. Inspired by THIS blog.




Family Stick Puppets
 I made copies from the nursery manual "Behold Your Little Ones" (Lesson 11 "I Love My Family")


Money Banks
Decorate tithing, savings and spending money jars made from empty frosting jars


Puzzle


Conference Bingo
Printed from LDS Handouts. Include some yummy treats or candy as Bingo markers.


Silent Pictionary
Children can draw the gospel words from the list or draw pictures that represent the speaker's message.


 Dot-to-Dot
Include a fun pencil.


Coloring Pages
These pages are available to print from LDS.org


Dry Erase The Friend magazine activity pages
We made this notebook from past issues of The Friend magazine and included dry erase pens and an old sock as an eraser. This notebook is always in our church bag.




Mold the message
Mold the gospel words from the list or mold pictures that represent the speaker's message.


Color-by-Number
This page came from an actual Color-by-Number activity book that I had purchased. You can print a page of the baptism of Jesus and another of two missionaries from LDS.org. Click HERE to print. They are found on pages 2 & 3. 



I Am a Child of God origami crown
Follow the folding instructions to create a paper crown. Glue sequins to the crown for jewels.
Remember that you are a daughter or son of a King. (Also goes with the Primary theme for this year.)



Build a temple
Build a temple using wooden blocks. You can either build your own or replicate existing temples using the pictures as your blueprints.


This is what I have so far. I plan on putting together a few more activities and will post those as soon as I have them ready.

Also, if you have any other ideas, please feel free to leave a comment. I'm always looking for new activities for this and future conferences. 

4 comments:

  1. Those are some fun ideas! Can't wait to see part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled onto your blog.....probably from Pinterest. You have some cute ideas I have 3 Grandkids that spend time with us and your fun activities are just right for them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you make the origami crowns I love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jade!
      This crown is called the "modular crown." Here is a link to some easy instructions on how to make the crown. :)

      http://www.origami-instructions.com/easy-origami-modular-crown.html

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us