Wednesday, June 29, 2011

# crafts # kid craft

Tissue Paper Flowers

MJ and I made some paper flowers today. We wanted some silk flowers for our playtime but we decided to make some tissue paper flowers instead.

Here's how you make these super easy paper flowers.

Supplies needed:
Tissue paper (whichever colors you want)
Pipe cleaners (green for traditional flowers or multi-colored for whimsical flowers)

1. Take 3-4 sheets of tissue paper and layer them one on top of the other. (I cut my sheets down quite a bit. Maybe into fourths?) Then fold them back and forth like a paper fan.


2. Gather your fan together so it looks like this:


3. Cut the edges of your tissue paper for the shape of your petals. I rounded the edges on this particular flower.


4. Wrap a pipe cleaner around the middle of your folded paper and then fan out the petals.


5. Starting with the top tissue paper, gently pull the paper up and separate the sheets.


6. After you have pulled up and separated the tissue paper, your flower should look pretty awesome.


Here's a different shape of petal. I was going for a hydrangea-like flower.


Here's the final product.


The previous flowers were all made with 3 sheets of tissue paper. Here's a four-sheeter.


This one started out cute and wish I kept it this way. I pulled up the first sheet and liked keeping the other sheets how they were. It looked like a cute little daisy.


But my curiosity got the best of me and I kept going. Still cute but not as cute.


We made a little bouquet of flowers for our playtime. I will post later what we did with these flowers during playtime. You WILL want to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us