Tuesday, August 22, 2017

# back-to-school # gizmopal2

Back-To-School Safety Presentation and GizmoPal 2 Watch

I can't believe school is starting this week! We have a lot of fun kids in our neighborhood and we live fairly close to several schools. A lot of the kids walk to and from school and I often worry about their safety. I talk to my kids about safety but I wonder if they are really listening or not.

This year I set up an evening with a couple of police officers from our city to come talk to the kids in our neighborhood about safety in preparation for the school year. We had a wonderful turnout with lots of kids and parents. 

Our officers were awesome and did a great job! They gave each child a safety coloring book, some crayons, and stickers. The officers had the children follow along in the safety coloring book as they talked. They covered emergencies and how to respond, safety on the playground, being aware of strangers, escaping techniques, car safety, bike/scooter safety, and safety using electronic devices. They asked the kids questions and the kids also asked the officers questions. Parents were also involved in questions.





One officer mentioned the Verizon GizmoPal watch that his kids have. I think I just found my kids' Christmas gift. This watch is awesome. It is a watch that the kids wear that allows parents to program up to 4 phone numbers that the kids can call from the watch. It also allows phone calls only from those 4 numbers. It also has GPS tracking on it so parents can see where their children are. It can also send an alert to the parents when the child has arrived at school. It also has an auto-answering feature in case your child doesn't accept a call. It will automatically force the call to answer. Check out this review:



I love this watch. My kids are too young for cell phones so this is perfect. And, they can't lose it because it's either on their wrist or the GPS can find it. I'm really excited about this watch. 

I hope we do this presentation again next year. It was nice to have someone else reinforce safety information with my kids, especially officers who deal with this stuff daily.

You can set up your own presentation in your neighborhood. Call up the police department on their non-emergency line and get in contact with the lieutenant. He or she can arrange for an officer or two to come to your home or other location to talk with the kids. It is helpful to know how many children will be attending the presentation if the officers are planning on bringing materials for the children.

Let's keep our kids safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us