Friday, September 8, 2017

# breakfast # printables

The Best Buttermilk Pancakes with Coconut Syrup, Peaches, and Cream

Some of my favorite recipes contain buttermilk or butter. This is one of those. Never buy prepackaged pancake mix again. This recipe makes the best buttermilk pancakes and the toppings makes them out of this world.


I would love visiting my aunt in the summer when I was a kid because this was the only time I had access to her pancakes. She gave me her recipe years ago when I had my own little kids. As my extended family has grown, I have become THAT aunt to my nieces and nephews and I love it! Whenever we have a family reunion it is a given that I will make pancakes with coconut syrup. In my own home we make them often on Saturdays when the hubs is home and we can all eat breakfast together.



Let's talk about this coconut syrup. This is a recipe from my sister-in-law. It is our absolute favorite. We don't really buy regular syrup anymore either because my kids love the coconut syrup more (which also contains buttermilk AND butter, so you know it's good).

If you eat just the pancakes and syrup, you will LOVE it! However, when it is summer and the peaches are ripe and juicy, they are a MUST topping. They add another dimension to this already delicious dish that will knock your socks off. And, don't forget the whipped cream- either canned or freshly whipped. Put all of these together and you will be in breakfast heaven!


A warm pancake (or two, or three) served with fresh whipped cream, topped with peaches, and drizzled with coconut syrup is all you need. It is DIVINE. I dare you to try it. Go all out while the peaches are in season. You won't regret it. Get the recipe below!

Click HERE for printable recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us